These easy Vegan Summer Dessert Recipes are light, fruity, healthy-ish and delicious! The perfect dairy-free, egg-free and no-bake treats for hot days using seasonal produce.
Vegan Vanilla Icebox Cake with Pudding, Blueberries & Peaches
- 5 oz graham crackers / vanilla biscuits (~140g)
- 1 1/2 cup vanilla pudding (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 medium peaches thinly sliced
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- whipped cream (dairy free) to top
- Spread a very thin layer of vanilla pudding onto the bottom of a 34 oz IKEA glass food container (link in notes), then top with an even layer of graham crackers or vanilla cookies.
- Mix the blueberries with the maple syrup in a small separate bowl.
- Spread more vanilla pudding on top of the cookies, then place the peach slices and blueberries evenly.
- Repeat the layering process until you have 3 layers of crackers.
- Refrigerate the cake overnight or for at least 14 hours.
- When serving, top with whipped cream and more berries/peach slices.
Strawberry Coconut Cream Pie
- a heaping ¾ cup (about 11) medjool dates, pitted and soaked in hot water for 5 minutes, then drained completely
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, roughly chopped (raw almonds work too!)
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
THE FILLING & TOPPING:
- 1 14-oz. can coconut cream, refrigerated overnight*
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- splash pure vanilla extract
- 1 lb. strawberries sliced and diced (see photos)
- for topping: toasted coconut, fresh mint, grated dark chocolate
- Prepare the crust: Place drained dates, cashew pieces, and coconut in a food processor, and process until the mixture can easily be squeezed into a ball.
- Line an 8-inch round cake pan with plastic wrap (you’ll want some overhang so you can remove the pie later). Dump date-cashew-coconut mixture into the center and flatten it with your fingers, pressing up the sides of the pan slightly. Place in the freezer to set.
- Prepare the filling: Remove coconut cream from the fridge. Scoop out the solid white part and place it in the bowl of a stand mixer (a hand mixer would work, too!). Add maple syrup and vanilla, and whip until combined, smooth, and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. It should form stiff peaks.
- Assemble: Remove crust from the freezer. Pour the filling on top, smoothing out the top with a spatula. Set in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and top with strawberries, toasted coconut, mint, and chocolate. Place back in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove from freezer and carefully remove the pie from the pie pan and plastic wrap.** Place on a plate, cut, and serve. Store covered in the fridge
Vegan Apricot Tart
- 200 g flour
- 125 g butter, vegan
- 60 g of sugar
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 360 g sweet and tasty apricots, gives about 300 ml fruit puree
- 3-4 tbsp of sugar, depending on the sweetness of the fruit more or less
- 160 g yoghurt, vegan
- 150 ml of whipped cream, vegan
- 1 1/2 sachets of Agar Agar (15 g) (25% agar content)
- 20 cm tart tin
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Put all ingredients in a Food Processor, or process by hand and process to a crumbly dough. Press into the tart and also on the side.
- Bake blind for 20 minutes and allow to cool completely. To get a nice form put a other pan in the tart form.
- Stone the apricots and cook gently with sugar and 60 ml of water in a saucepan.
- Then puree well and pass through a sieve.
- Allow to cool slightly and mix with the yoghurt. Beat the cream very stiff and lift it evenly under the fruit mass.
- Boil Agar Agar with 60 ml of water for 1-2 minutes while stirring. Add 2 tablespoons of fruit mousse to the agar and stir into the rest of the mixture.
- Spread the fruit mousse into the tart tin and smooth it out.
- Stir in the refrigerator for 5 hours or overnight.
- Decorate with flowers and fruits.
So try these summer fruit vegan dessert recipes and enjoy!